With age, hair color changes, its natural and common occurrence but greying of hair in young age (24 age) that need to be paid attention.
Grey hair appears before the age of 24 in Caucasian men and women, and up to 30 years in dark-skinned people, and by the age of forty their hair is completely white. Agreed, it’s not very appealing aesthetically.
Let’s take a closer look at why grey hair appears at a young age and whether there are ways to deal with it or are any solutions.
At what age does the first grey hair appear?
The appearance of the first grey or white hair between the ages of 33 and 40 is considered normal. When you notice grey hairs, their number will increase significantly every year. With such a phenomenon, all you have to do is accept the fact that the process is unavoidable.
It should be noted that setting a specific norm for the appearance of grey hair is difficult because this natural process is influenced by habitat, genetic predisposition, race, and a variety of other factors.
An interesting point: Every ten years, the production of melanin falls by an average of 20% (the period starts from the age of 30 for Europeans). Grey hair at an young age is the exception to the rule.
The appearance of grey hair in different races and nationalities appears at different times. Most Europeans have ashy hair because their first grey hairs appear by the age of 35. They are followed by Asians, who are closer to 42 years old, and the Negroid race, who is already 50 years old. Indians, on the other hand, hold the palm in terms of pigment durability, turning grey by the age of 70.
There are such options for the appearance of gray hair:
- focal , when only certain areas turn gray (for example, a skein of hair at the temple);
- partial (some hairs become ashy);
- full (all hair is discolored).
Women’s hair is first silvered or whitened in the temporal part of the head, then they pass to the top and back of the head. And in young girls their hair turns gray from the end or in separate sections along the length of the hair.
In young people, the picture is somewhat different – they are painted in an ashy color from the roots to the tips. In addition, men’s always turn their hair gray a dozen years earlier.
Why do people turn grey
As you know, our hair in a natural color occurs due to melanin produced by body cells, called consonantly – melanocytes. These cells produce certain substances: eumelanin, which colors our hair color to dark brown or even dark, and pheomelanin, which gives red hair. These two components, mixed together, create the key color of hair protein.
Melanocyte cells begin to function even before a person is born. They “retire” and stop producing melanin over time. This situation will occur sooner or later. However, the majority of us are concerned about the question “why does hair turn gray at such a young age?”
Not only weak production of melanin is the reason of graying of hair. Hair follicles are known to produce hydrogen peroxide, which colures hair. If the hairs are healthy, then it is destroyed by a special enzyme produced by the liver. Due to change in age, the production of this substance decreases markedly, so hydrogen peroxide whiten hair.
Why do young people get grey hair?
Surprisingly, grey hair does not only affect the older people. Grey hair can appear at 25, 20, 18, and even in a newborn baby. So, let’s try to understand why the hair of very young people turns grey early.
Trichologists have identified a wide range of factors for hair discolouration. The most important among them:
- strong psycho-emotional shocks (that is, a person’s hair turns grey due to fear);
- genetic factor (if your parents turned grey early, then with a probability of 80% it can be assumed that you will suffer the same fate);
- previous diseases, especially cytomegalovirus infection, as well as common colds;
- improper metabolism, which is associated with a disease of internal organs (gastrointestinal tract and liver);
- diabetes mellitus or atherosclerosis;
- lack of iron in the body;
- hormonal imbalances associated with thyroid dysfunction (especially during pregnancy, breastfeeding and adolescence);
- lack of certain vitamins (as you know, vitamin B10 affects the proper absorption of protein, providing hair pigmentation);
- constant diets that lead to insufficient intake of protein;
- unhealthy lifestyle (for example, heavy smokers provide intoxication of their body, which subsequently reduces the saturation of the hair with oxygen and kills melanocytes);
- incorrect hair care (regular use of a hairdryer and ironing, frequent washing of hair with hot water, the use of aggressive dyes and even improperly selected shampoo worsen the process of melanin release);
- exposure to UV rays, in particular not wearing a protective cap when you visit a tanning bed.
Interesting to know: Gray hair at an early age or Greying of Hair in Young appears in connection with fear, because at the time of stress, the body begins to intensively produce neuropeptides that can destroy the bonds between keratin and melanin. The production of the latter stops, and the curls lose their natural color.
Treatment – Greying of Hair in Young Age
If a person begins to turn his hair grey very early, then individual attempts can be made to avoid rapid depigmented hair or to slow down the process.
If you have free time, we recommend seeing or visiting a trichologist. A complete blood test will be performed, which will help to see the overall picture of the state of your body.
Perhaps the doctor will prescribe PCR tests to evaluate hormone levels, as well as thyroid, liver, and gastrointestinal organ examinations.
Based on the information collected, he will be able to design a unique therapy for you that will include medical treatment, physiotherapy techniques, and special masks from a variety of traditional medicine.
But keep in mind that all of these medications and ways of altering the scalp and hair follicles can only slow the demise of melanocyte cells. It will be impossible to restore the grey hairs to their original color.
Important point! When grey hairs appear, it is absolutely not worth pulling them out. The fact is that a new grey hair will soon appear in place of the torn out one, and the pulling procedure itself can adversely affect your skin, leading to dermatitis.
1. Medical treatment
Greying of Hair in Young, you are likely to be prescribed:
- magnesia injections;
- the drug “Antisedin”, which will ensure the proper production of melanin pigment;
- vitamin cocktail (it must contain vitamins such as A, B, E, as well as trace elements: zinc, iodine, iron, copper);
- special lotions and shampoos based on zinc, copper and iron, which are designed to nourish your curls.
Unfortunately, you can’t wait for 100% getting rid of the ill-fated ashy hairs – doctors warn about this during the reception.
If you want to maximize the effectiveness of medications, look into recipes for healing masks, lotions, and decoctions that may be used both inside and externally to nourish curls. Remember, miraculous plants donated by nature itself will improve curls and be able to prevent the appearance of grey hair.
Essential oils for hair
Some oils, as you may know, can not only add shine and beauty to curls, but also nourish them with beneficial nutrients.
You will need:
- 70 ml of sesame oil;
- 40 ml thyme oil.
Preparation and application:
- Combine the oils into a single suspension. Shake well.
- Leave to infuse for about a month.
- A small amount of the mixture is actively rubbed into curls.
- Leave on for about 15 minutes and then rinse with water.
The course of the procedure is 28 days, while rubbing into the hair should be carried out regularly with an interval of one day.
Advice. In order to save time on procedures, you can simply add rosemary essential oil to your shampoo. Proportions should be observed: for 1 tablespoon of shampoo you will need 3 drops of oil.
An effective pollen-based mask
Bee pollen is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. In combination with jojoba oil, it is designed to improve the condition of the hair and improve their lipid balance.
You will need:
- 4 tbsp. l. jojoba oils;
- 1 tsp bee pollen.
Preparation and application:
- Combine the mask ingredients together.
- Stir the resulting mixture well before use.
- Distribute the suspension on damp hair.
- Wait 20 minutes until the active ingredients penetrate into the hair and scalp. To speed up activation, cosmetologists recommend closing the hair with a plastic bag, and then with a terry towel.
- After the expiration of the stated period, simply rinse the composition with plain running water.
The course of treatment with such a mask is three weeks, while the healing suspension must be applied to the curls every 3 days.
We all know that red pepper improves the microcirculation of the skin, which is why all the trace elements and vitamins that enter our body safely reach the hair follicle, improving the hair structure.
You will need:
- 6 dried red peppercorns;
- 0.5 liters of alcohol or vodka.
Ginseng Root Infusion
Ginseng root is another effective remedy that is designed to eliminate the death of cells secreted by melanin.
- 1 tsp ginseng root;
- 0.5 liters of diluted alcohol.
Preparation and application:
- It is necessary to grind the dry ginseng root and pour it with alcohol.
- The resulting mixture should be infused for several weeks in a dark place.
- The infusion is taken orally every morning before meals.
- The course of treatment is 3 weeks.
It is not recommended to prepare a tincture according to this recipe if you have hypertension (high blood pressure), gastritis and stomach ulcers.
Salt based scrub
If you do a salt scrub from time to time, you can eliminate the keratinized scales on the scalp. Thanks to such a simple manipulation, the nourishment of the follicles improves, the hair falls out less and becomes strong.
You can not just rub sea or potassium salt into the scalp, but make an interesting mask by combining fresh tea leaves with iodized salt. The resulting mass is rubbed 2-3 times a week for a month.
In the case of the appearance of white hair on your hair at an early age or you have greying of hair in young age, all stylists unanimously declare that you can simply dye your hair. And some hairdressers believe that gray hair is the peak of this season.
Ashy curls give their owners sophistication, emphasize their sexuality, give self-confidence.
That is why leading fashion houses often offer their clients lightening gray hair. Mysterious shades of lavender, ivory, wet asphalt and silver provide a truly stunning and extravagant appearance to their owners.
But if you are not inclined to such experiments, then carry out:
- highlighting “pepper and salt”;
- coloring the strands at the temple (just in the place where you have the most white hair).
Advice. If gray hair takes up to 25% of your hair, you can safely tint your hair or use ammonia-free dyes. In the case when a large half of the head is discolored, permanent staining with permanent paint will be required.
In terms of color, you should focus on gold or caramel, because this option makes regrown white roots hardly noticeable.
Another great way to prevent greying of hair in young age is vitamin therapy , carried out in the salon. You can order:
- nourishing curls with keratin;
- biolamination and shielding of hair;
- microelement therapy (acupuncture into the skin of the scalp of useful substances, which improves the condition of the hair and prevents the appearance of gray hair);
- nourishing natural masks and compresses based on decoctions of herbs, algae, vitamin essences;
- plasmolifting (plasma is extracted from your blood, which is injected subcutaneously into the scalp, the processes of cell regeneration, including melanocides, are triggered).
Prevention of greying of hair in young age
So that your curls do not become whitish ahead of time, we recommend that you start properly caring for them and your body. You just need to follow some rules:
- Your diet should be rich in protein foods, fiber and vitamins. Therefore, include cheese or meat, fish, as well as vegetable salads in each serving of food. Between breakfast, lunch and dinner, have a light fruit snack. Suitable apples, bananas, oranges, kiwi and other vitamin-containing foods. It is advisable to add iodized salt to food.
- Once a year, you should be examined by a trichologist or endocrinologistto know what state your hormonal levels are in.
- Stop worrying. Learn to cope with stress and enjoy life every minute. If it doesn’t work out well, try enrolling in a yoga class.
- Take proper care of your curls. For example, make vitaminized masks once a week. Do not injure strands with a hairdryer and ironing, and always wear a hat in summer and winter.
- Give up smoking, which provokes intoxication of the body.
- Start leading an active lifestyle and keep a rest regimen. As you know, if you often stay in motion, then your blood will be more actively saturated with oxygen, which means that melanocides will be able to serve you faithfully for a long time.
- Choose the right cosmetics depending on the type of skin and hair structure. At least once a week, feed the strands with castor or burdock oil. Rinsing curls is not necessary to carry out with the help of cosmetics purchased on store shelves. It is best to use decoctions of herbs – sage, nettle, oak bark, chamomile, birch.
- Massage the scalp regularly throughout the day to improve blood flow. To do this, it is recommended to use a regular massage comb that does not have coarse teeth.
Conclusion – Greying of Hair in Young Age
Thus, the early appearance of gray hair is not as scary as it might seem at first glance. If you set up the work of individual organs and systems in time, start eating right and take care of your curls, you can stop going gray. To hide already gray hairs, you should choose the best option for painting or just toned curls.